12 IN x 8 OUT USB Audio Interface for Mac and PC
The Ultimate Desktop Audio Interface
Apogee Quartet is the ultimate desktop audio interface and studio control center for professional recording. Made for the musician, producer and engineer that wants the ultimate sound quality and studio control in a compact desktop form factor, Quartet features legendary Apogee AD/DA conversion, 4 world-class microphone preamps, USB MIDI I/O, ESS Sabre32 DAC technology and monitor controls.
With Quartet’s 4 Combo inputs you can connect microphones, guitars, keyboards, or line-level devices such as external mic preamps or a mixing board. Expand your system with 8 additional inputs via Quartets optical (ADAT/SMUX) digital IN. Quartet also includes 8 analog outputs – 6 1/4” balanced outputs for connection to speakers or outboard equipment and a separate, independently controlled 1/4” stereo headphone output. You can control up to 3 pairs of speakers or set Quartet up for 5.1 surround monitoring.
Apogee Quartet Highlights
AD/DA conversion for recording up to 192kHz / 24-bit.
· 4 analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power for connecting microphones, instruments or line-level devices.
· 8 analog outputs – 6 balanced 1/4” outs for speakers or outboard gear, 1/4” stereo headphone output.
· 8 digital inputs via 2 optical connections (ADAT/SMUX).
Monitor control for up to 3 sets of speakers or 5.1 surround.
• USB 2.0 High Speed connection to Mac or PC.
· Direct digital connection with iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. 30-pin cable sold separately).
· Software control of hardware parameters including input selection and low latency monitoring
· USB 2.0 High-speed Mac audio interface
· A/D and D/A conversion: 24 bit/192kHz
· 4 Analog Inputs:
· Combination line (balanced +20dBu max)
· Mic/Instrument (+20dBu/+14dBu max)
· 4 Microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
· Selectable 48v phantom power, Soft Limit and phase invert
· Digital Inputs:
· ADAT/SMUX Input, 8 channels, 2 Toslink connectors, 44.1kHz to 96kHz
· MIDI input (USB-A type connector)
· 8 Analog Outputs:
· 6 Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level
· 1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
· Digital Outputs:
· MIDI output (USB-A type connector)
· Word clock output on BNC connector
· 2 top panel high-resolution OLED displays
· Controller knob
· 6 touchpads for direct selection of inputs and outputs
· 3 assignable touchpads to control:
· Mute Outputs
· Dim Outputs
· Sum to Mono
· Clear Meters
· Engage Speaker Set (allows monitoring of up to 3 pairs of speakers)
· Low latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee’s Maestro software
· Legendary Apogee sound quality
· Designed in California – Made in the U.S.A.
· EIN: 128dB (un-weighted) @ 60dB, 150Ohm input
· Max input level: +20dBu
· Input impedance: 3KOhm
· Max input level 14 dBu
· Input impedance: >2MOhm
· Max input level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
· Max input level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
· Input impedance: 5KOhm
· Freq resp 20 Hz -20Khz: > +/-0.2dB (@44.1Khz)
· Rel. THD + N: -106dB (@ 96Khz)
· Dyn. Range: 114dB (A-weighted)
· Max output level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
· Max output level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
· Line output impedance: 90 Ohm
· Max output level headphones: 19dBu
· HPH output impedance 30 Ohm.
· Freq resp 20Hz -20 Khz: > +/- 0.05dB (@44.1Khz)
· Rel. THD+N : -113dB (@96Khz)
• Dyn Range: 123dB (A-weighted)
In the box:
· USB Cable (Lightning and 30-pin cables sold separately)
· Universal Power Supply with standard 3 pin-IEC cable
· QuickStart Guide
· Instructions for download of software and complete documentation